Vegan Lemon Pepper Cauliflower Wings Air Fried
Hi everybody! Thank you for selecting our recipe. In this post I will show you how to make a quick & easy vegan lemon pepper cauliflower wings air fried, using a Ninja Foodi XL. This recipe took a couple of trial errors but we believe we have a good product to share with everyone.
Below is a how to video and then we have written instructions below as well.
Note: Use the lemon pepper wing instructions below as your recipe guide. We had to alter the recipe that was used in this video. You can still use the video as a step by step guide.
Keep It Simple
Cooking can become overwhelming at times. You are putting in a lot of time and want the recipe to come out just right. For this recipe it is okay if you don’t have the exact ingredient measurements. Just follow these simple steps below.
Dunk in Batter —› Coat with Crumbs —› Air Fry —› Coat with Sauce —› Air Fry Again
Prep Time = 10 minutes
Cook Time = 20 Minutes
12 Cauliflower Floret Wings (Little bigger then bite size)
1 cup Flour of choice
1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Pepper seasoning
3 lemon’s Juice (1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of Lemon Juice)
1 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
1 Teaspoon of Maple Syrup
1 Teaspoon of Water
1 Teaspoon of Cornstarch
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Pepper seasoning
Black Pepper to Taste
1 to 2 Cups of Panko Bread Crumbs
- Cut your cauliflower into little wing florets.
- Make your batter by adding and mixing all of the ingredients in “The Batter” section.
- Place the cauliflower floret wings into the batter and cover them with the batter.
- Before you coat your wings with bread crumbs, make sure you let any excess batter fall off the cauliflower floret. Now, coat your floret wings with the bread crumbs and place them into the Air Fryer.
- Once all floret wings are in the air fryer, you can now air fry them @ 400 Degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- While the wings are air frying, make your sauce by heating up a pan on low heat. Add all of the ingredients into the pan but add the cornstarch into the pan last. Once you add the cornstarch, begin whisking the mixture until it thickens ever so slightly. If too much liquid evaporates, just add a little more lemon juice and another teaspoon of water.
- The 15 minutes should be almost done. Transfer your sauce into a bowl if the floret wings are not done yet air frying. Once the 15 minutes is done, carefully transfer the wings into the lemon pepper sauce. Coat the floret wings with sauce and add them back into the air fryer.
- Air fry the cauliflower wings again for 3 to 5 minutes @ 400 degrees Fahrenheit. (Do not fry longer then 5 minutes this time or you will end up with burnt cauliflower wings).
- Guess What? You did it! Congratulations, your wings are ready to be devoured.
You can make this 3 different ways
- Hand Whisk the mixture.
- Immersion Blender (If you are going to go this route then use fresh parsley and fresh dill)
- Food processor (I would not use a metal blade. Try and use a dough blade for this dressing sauce)
3 ways to make
- Hand Whisk the mixture to desired thickness
- Immersion blend on low speed but leave the Tempeh out while you blend the other ingredients.
- Food processor – with a dough blade and you can add the Tempeh in at any time.
Click the dressing names above and go to the bottom of the page to find the dipping sauces written out. (I posted pictures above to prevent having duplicate content within my site.
Want More Cauliflower Wings?
Thanks again for clicking on our recipe. We have more Cauliflower wing recipes on our site. Please click the links below to try out all of the different flavors. Have a good day everyone!