Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
Thank you for choosing our recipe! We just made quick & easy vegan buffalo cauliflower wings in our Ninja Foodi XL using the air fryer capability. It was our first time making cauliflower wings and honestly, they were easier to make then we thought and they turned out really well.
Below is our how to video which starts right at the buffalo wings recipe. Also we have a written recipe and instructions below and you can “jump to recipe” by clicking the button above.
Don’t Over Think It
Cooking can be overwhelming but do not let this recipe overwhelm you. Even if your ingredients are not measured out exactly right, your cauliflower wings will come out perfect if you remember to do these steps.
Dunk in Batter —› Coat with Flour —› Air Fry —› Coat with Sauce —› Air Fry Again
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Equipment = Ninja Foodi XL Multi-Cooker Air Fryer
12 Cauliflower Florets (Wing Size)
- 1 Cup Flour of choice
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Buffalo Sauce of choice
For The Sauce
- 1 Cup Buffalo Sauce of choice
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons of melted Vegan butter
- Optional: any other seasoning you want to add ex. pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Cut up the head of cauliflower into wing size florets. (See the beginning of the YouTube video above for a better visual)
- Make your batter by adding all of the ingredients listed in the "Batter" section above and mix together until you get a nice smooth batter.
- Place all of the cauliflower florets into the batter and coat them all over.
- Before coating your wings with flour, make sure that you let any excess batter fall off of the floret. Now you can coat your wings with the flour of your choice. Also, before adding to the air fryer, shake off any excess flour.
- Add your cauliflower wings to the air fryer and air fry them @ 400 Degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- While the Cauliflower wings are air frying, make your sauce by melting 2 to 3 tablespoons of vegan butter. Then add the vegan butter to 1 cup of buffalo sauce. Add any other spices of your choosing and mix the ingredients together.
- Once the 15 minutes is done. Be careful in removing the hot cauliflower wings out of the air fryer and into your sauce bowl. Now coat the cauliflower wings with your sauce and place them back into the air fryer.
- Air fry the cauliflower wings again for 10 more minutes @ 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You did it! Congratulations! The 10 minutes is up and now you have delicious cauliflower wings to nibble on. Enjoy your hard work.
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Air Fryer
We used the multi-cooker, Ninja Foodi XL for this recipe. It was our first time using this machine and it worked great. Couldn’t be happier with our purchase.
This machine was simple to use and was able to air fry our Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings with ease. It did not burn them and left them very warm. We had to let them cool down a little before eating.
Another great feature to air frying is that you do not have to use oil. A lot of people are looking for alternative recipes that do not use oil. Air frying our food allows us to not cook with oil.
Vegan Dipping Sauces
Below are 2 of our vegan dipping sauces for Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings. We want to make sure that you have dipping sauces for these wings.
You can buy store bought brands and those will definitely suffice but some people like to make everything from scratch to avoid unwanted chemicals.
What is Vegan Ranch Made of?
3/4 cup Vegan Mayo
1/2 cup Unsweetened Oat Milk
2 teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
3 cloves of Garlic minced or pressed
2 teaspoons Parsley Dried
1 teaspoon Dill Dried
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
Salt to taste
How to make (3 ways)
- Hand Whisking (Hand whisk all the ingredients until a ranch texture forms)
- Immersion Blending (In this case, use fresh Parsley and Dill)
- Food Processor (I wouldn’t use a blade. I would use a dough blade attachment and give it a couple light pulses)
Vegan Blue Cheese (Crumbled Tempeh)
1/2 cup Vegan Mayo
1/2 cup Soy Milk (Sweet or Unsweetened)
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1/4 cup Tempeh Crumbled
2 teaspoons Nutritional Yeast
2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt to taste
How to Make (3 Ways)
***Add the crumbled Tempeh in last. Mix all the other ingredients first.***
- Hand Whisk (Whisk all ingredients, then add the Tempeh)
- Immersion Blender (On a low speed, blend all the ingredients with out the Tempeh in the other ingredients. Add Tempeh afterward)
- Food Processor (Use a dough blade attachment and mix all the ingredients together. This time you can get away with adding the Tempeh in with the other ingredients.)
Easy Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
This was a really easy recipe. Just make the batter and add the hot sauce into the batter. This batter acts as the coating agent that locks in all the flavor.
That batter coat is also a great adhesive to adding the vegan butter buffalo sauce to the cauliflower wings. This 1, 2 punch combination turned out great for this recipe.
We use this technique for all of our cauliflower wings recipes on the site. It allows us to deliver quick, easy and vegan cauliflower wings recipes to you, the reader.
Want More Wings?
We have a couple more wing recipes on the site. Click the links below to discover more wing goodness!
Thank You for Choosing Our Site
You could have chosen a lot of different recipes on the internet but we are very thankful that you chose ours. We put a lot of work into this site and into all of our recipes.
We only put out great recipes and if they do not turn out to your liking then please leave us a comment so we can help you with the cooking steps.
Also please leave a rating to the recipe so that we can help the internet searches as to how great our recipe is. Thanks everyone. Have a great day!