Vegan BBQ Cauliflower Wings Recipe
Hello everyone! Hope your day is going great. We are having a great day making vegan BBQ Cauliflower wings recipe with our Ninja Foodi air fryer. There are 7 other features on the Foodi but the air frying capabilities made this recipe turn out great.
Enjoy our how to video below which will start right when we make the BBQ wings. Also, our written instructions and ingredients are below this video but if you want to “jump to recipe” then click the button at the top of the post.
We hope this can make your Cauliflower wing experience a memorable one.
Stick to the Plan
Online cooking instructions online can be very confusing and unclear at times. Luckily with this recipe it can turn out very well even if you do not have all of the ingredients or if you do not measure all of the ingredients correctly. Just follow these simple steps below.
Dunk in Batter –› Coat with Flour –› Air Fry –› Coat with Sauce –› Air Fry Again
Sticky BBQ Cauliflower Wings
These wings did turn out sticky. I’m not sure what BBQ wings do not turn out sticky. There is something about the sugars in the BBQ sauce that when heated up just leave a mess all over your hands. Make sure to have plenty of napkins by you for this appetizer.
If you do not want to get your fingers sticky then do not coat the wings with BBQ sauce after the last air frying cycle. Also, use a fork instead of your fingers. The cauliflower has a great shape for sticking to forks. If you have any other questions then just leave a comment below.
Oil Free Cauliflower Wings
There is a lot of health conscious eating going on in the world today. One of the big topics is reducing the amount of oil. While opinions vary on if this is a smart decision or not, this recipe is indeed oil free.
The only caveat is to make sure that your BBQ sauce is oil free. It should be but the popularity of using canola oil in various bottled and processed foods can make it tricky at times to know if your product is oil free.
Now that I think about it, the other wing recipes on this site, I believe are oil free as well. They are all very basic recipes. Just use flour and almond milk for the batter, blend flavors for the sauce and then air fry. These wings truly are quick, easy, vegan.
Ninja Foodi XL Air Fryer
Last sections before the recipe. We have to touch on this beauty of a machine that makes our lives easier here at QEV. The Ninja Foodi XL has 8 different functions and one of them is the air fryer.
It allows us to use no oil to fry our food. The air fry technique also if very similar to the crisp and taste of oil fried food. It is really impressive how effective this machine can be.
The other thing to mention is how easy the clean up is. Usually when frying food, there can be oil splattering all over the place. this machine can be put into the dish washer or cleaned old school with sponge, hot water and soap. I high recommend this kitchen appliance to anyone.
Vegan BBQ Cauliflower wings recipe
- Ninja Foodi XL Air Fryer
- 12 Cauliflower Floret Wings Little bigger then bite size
- 1 cup Flour of choice
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Basil dried
- 1 Teaspoon Mustard Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups BBQ Sauce We recommend a sweeter BBQ sauce rather then a vinegar BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- Carefully using a knife, cut down the Cauliflower head into floret wings. Or use your hand to break them down.
- Start making your "Batter" by adding all of the ingredients listed above into a bowl and mix them all together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Next, place all of your cauliflower wings into the batter bowl and make sure the batter covers all of the cauliflower florets.
- Before your begin coating the wings in flour, make sure all of the excess "Batter" has fallen off. Then you are ready to coat the florets with flour.
- Now add your cauliflower wings to the air fryer while shaking off any excess flour and air fry them for 15 minutes @ 400 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the first cycle of air frying is happening, start to make your "Sauce". You can make your BBQ sauce from scratch if you have a favorite one. If not just use a store bought BBQ sauce that you regularly enjoy. Just make sure it's vegan. We prefer using a sweeter BBQ sauce in this recipe.
- The sauce doesn't take long to make so you should have some time to wait before the 15 minutes is done. Once the 15 minutes is finished, take your wings out carefully from the air fryer and put them into your "Sauce". Coat them all over and immediately put them back into the air fryer.
- Air fry again, the cauliflower wings @ 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 more minutes.
- Once they are done. You can coat them with more BBQ sauce for a glossy finish or you can eat them as is. Also, congrats! You just made delicious BBQ Cauliflower wings.
Dunk Your Wings!
How to Make
- Old school, hand whisking can do the trick or with a fork.
- A little more fancy, you can use an Immersion Hand Blender and if you choose this route then use fresh Parsley and Dill.
- I guess, a little more fancy? Use a Food Processor but use the dough blade attachment if you have one and just pulse the mixture.
Vegan Blue Cheese
Make it 3 Ways
- Hand Whisking is fine.
- Immersion blending is a little more new age.
- Food Processor but use the dough blade attachment. You don’t want Blue Cheese Soup.
Do you Want More Wings?
We have a couple more Cauliflower wing recipes on our website. Click the links below to enjoy more Cauliflower goodness. Also, please leave a comment if we could better help you or if you want to say how amazing they turned out. Thanks everyone!