Best Vegan Risotto Recipe
Hi everyone!! Thank you so, so much for choosing our recipe link. This is our best vegan risotto recipe and boy was it quick & easy. That is what we try to do here at Quick, Easy, Vegan. Make meals that are not time consuming and are usually under 45 minutes.
This vegan risotto recipe only took us 25 minutes from prep to table. Pretty impressive what our Ninja Foodi XL was able to accomplish. Enjoy our “how to video” below as well as our written recipe at the bottom of the page. To go to the recipe now, click on the jump to recipe at the top of this page.
Kitchen Products Used
- Ninja Foodi XL
- Manual Food Processor
Both of these kitchen machines are amazing. We use the manual food processor pretty much every meal we ever make. It cuts down our kitchen prep time by more then half. I’m not exaggerating. That machine is a dicing magician.
The Ninja Foodi XL is also quite spectacular in it’s own right. The machine has 8 different functions and for this recipe it was able to make the entire thing by itself. One pot was able to saute and then once the sauteing was done we closed the lid and pressure cooked it until it was done. Super easy to cook and clean up. Ideal machine for quick and easy vegan recipes.
Keep it Simple!
This dish is so easy to make. Just follow this guide below in case you become confused with what to do.
We know cooking can become very overwhelming at times and definitely confusing for beginners. The best advice is to just keep cooking as much as you can. Practice makes perfect, right? We learn from our failures so don’t be afraid if your dishes do not turn out right the first time. Just keep being persistent.
Saute Vegetables –> Season Vegetables –> Toast Rice –> Add Liquids –> Pressure Cook
What Can I Add to Risotto?
I am pretty sure Risotto is traditionally made with mushrooms. That is what we decided to make ours with. We also added in peas and a parsley garnish. The other ingredients are pretty standard in that you add the vegetable broth with some type of liquid acid. Then bind the dish together with a cheese and of course we use vegan cheese. We really enjoy Daiya cheese.
What is the Best Rice to Make Risotto?
We believe it is Arborio Rice. This rice is great because it is a starchy grain and that means that it does not absorb as much liquid. This allows the dish to become sticky. Thus allowing all of the ingredients to release its flavor all over the rice. The stickiness of the rice also gives risotto that great compact appearance.
How Do You Fix Risotto?
The traditional way in making Risotto involves only using a big pan. This option works too but you have to continue stirring the arborio rice while it is cooking in the liquid. This can cause your arm to become tired and can also be time consuming.
In our best vegan risotto recipe, it was quick and easy because we fixed our risotto in a pressure cooker. First we sauteed it in our Ninja Foodi XL and then we closed the top on our Ninja Foodi XL and turned it into a pressure cooker. It only took 5 minutes of pressure cooking for this dish to turn out amazing.
Risotto Recipe Without Wine
We did not use wine in this recipe and that’s okay! Traditional Risotto uses wine and if you want to use wine then just substitute it out with the white wine vinegar that we used.
Using wine will bring this dish a lot of flavor but we wanted to showcase a risotto that was vegan and also did not involve using wine. This way, young kids who want to go to the grocery store can rest assured with being able to get all of the ingredients. The flavor still turned out amazing in this best vegan risotto recipe.
Best Vegan Risotto Recipe
- Equipment = Ninja Foodi XL & Manual Food Processor
- 2 Cups Arborio Rice
- 3.5 Ounces Shitake Mushrooms any mushroom is fine
- 1 Onion medium sized and diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- ¾ Cup Vegan Mozzarella store bought
- ½ Cup Cilantro chopped
- 4 Cups Vegetable broth low sodium
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Vegan Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt & Pepper
- Saute the coconut sugar in the olive oil for 3 minutes on medium to medium low heat.
- Then add in the onions, garlic and mushrooms and saute them until they become soft.
- Now add the Oregano, Garlic powder, Salt & Pepper and lastly the 2 cups of arborio rice.
- Toast the arborio rice for 2 to 4 minutes until it changes a little color.
- Now add in the white wine vinegar & vegetable broth and pressure cook for 5 minutes on High pressure.
- After the pressure cooker has finished releasing the steam, you can check to see if you need to drain any excess liquid.
- Now you are ready to add in the vegan butter, chopped cilantro, nutritional yeast and vegan mozzarella. Stir the mixture up and then you are ready to eat! Enjoy!
Please Rate Our Recipe
This best vegan risotto recipe was a lot of fun for us to make but we want to hear from you! So please leave a comment and a rating of the recipe if you actually made it. Also, if you want more quick and easy vegan recipes then CLICK HERE.
This will help the viewers and readers see what the real deal is with this risotto recipe. As always, thanks for clicking on our recipe. We know there are tons of options but it means a lot that you chose ours. Enjoy and have a great day!!!