Best Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! This is our best vegan fettuccine alfredo recipe. It was super quick and easy to make and tasted amazing. We were a little nervous because this was our first time making the alfredo sauce.
We knew that it could be tricky but our food processor and alfredo sauce recipe handled all of the hard work for us. We used a little thicker pasta then you would normally use for fettuccine due to the pasta aisle being raided because of Covid-19. No worries, it still was amazing.
If you want to skip to the bottom to see the written recipe then just click the “Jump to Recipe” button above. Also we have a “how to video” below that will show you step by step how to make this recipe. It is really great and is also apart of our YouTube Channel if you want to watch more cool vegan recipes and vegan informational videos. Enjoy everyone!
Kitchen Products Used
- Breville Food Processor (make the sauce)
- Manual Food Processor (prep the vegetables)
- Stainless Steel Pot & Pan
The manual food processor we use is truly incredible. When I first got the kitchen gadget I thought that it was too small and that there was no way that it would be able to shred the harder root vegetables. Boy was I wrong. This thing is a food dicing genius.
The Breville food processor is probably my favorite kitchen tool. I say this because as a vegan you have to make some recipes up on the fly and the Breville is always there to make creative sauces, cheeses, pesto’s and so much more.
We try to only use stainless steel products in our kitchen. Some people are worried about the leaching of metals but we have found that the amount of metal leached into our food is negligible when cooking with stainless steel.
There are a lot worse surfaces to be cooking on. Also, if you are this worried about cooking surfaces then try to incorporate a raw vegan diet into your meal selections.
Don’t Overthink this Recipe
We know cooking can be daunting. But don’t sweat this recipe. Our handy-dandy cheat guide below will keep the bigger picture perspective while you navigate all of the minute ingredient details.
Saute Onions/Garlic –> Start Pasta –> Saute Mushrooms –> Food Process Sauce –> Combine Pasta with Sauce/Mushrooms
How Do you Make Fettuccine Alfredo from Scratch?
We made everything from scratch with this best vegan fettuccine alfredo recipe except the pasta. If you want to make your pasta from scratch then we suggest using a Kitchen Aid stand with the pasta attachment.
However, our Alfredo sauce was from scratch and completely vegan! it would not have been possible if it wan’t for our food processor. Read the recipe instructions down below for more details!
How do you Make Alfredo Sauce Thicker?
Luckily for us, our vegan Alfredo sauce was way too thick in the beginning. If you want it this thick then leave out the almond milk. However, I think the thickness turned out just fine using the almond milk.
The secret to making the sauce thicker was adding the parmesan vegan cheese, nutritional yeast and miso. Those 3 ingredients acted as great binding agents and really held together the cashews with all of the other wet ingredients. The cashews themselves are also pretty thick when they get blended to pieces. You can’t go wrong with this Alfredo sauce recipe.
How Do I Fix Gritty Alfredo Sauce?
This can happen quite frequently with vegan sauces and cheeses. To be honest we are still trying out some different techniques and do not have it down to a science yet.
However, what we have done now is still pretty darn good and not terribly gritty. The little secret that we have learned so far is to soak the cashews over night or boil them for 10 minutes. This gets them pretty soft and thus less gritty when you blend them up into small pieces.
Also, we try and blend the cashews first before adding any other Alfredo sauce ingredient to the food processor. This allows us to make sure that the cashews are blended up into a smooth consistency. We hope this helps you with your question. Once we master it we will for sure have a huge post on vegan cheeses and sauces.
Best Vegan Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
- Equipment = Food Processor, Manual Food Processor, Stainless Steel pots & pans
Pasta and Vegetables
- 10 ounces Fettuccine Pasta
- 1 cup Peas frozen
- 3.5 ounces Mushrooms any kind
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Cashew Cheese Alfredo Sauce
- 2 Cups Cashews soaked overnight or boil 10 minutes
- 1 Yellow Onion medium and diced
- 4 Garlic Cloves pressed or minced
- 1 ¼ Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons Vegan Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Miso
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- First, saute the onions and garlic until translucent on medium low heat with a tablespoon of Olive oil. Or for around 5 minutes.
- Now start boiling your water and once at a boil, add your fettuccine pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes with a pinch of salt.
- Then add the soaked cashews, sauteed onions & garlic, and the rest of the "Cashew Cheese" ingredients to the food processor. BUT DON'T BLEND YET.
- Before you begin to blend the ingredients, begin sauteing your mushrooms with a little more olive oil on medium low heat until they soften.
- Now while the pasta and mushrooms are cooking, you can blend up the cashew cheese ingredients in the food processor until the mixture is smooth.
- By now your pasta should be done cooking and you can drain it in a colander. You can also add the frozen peas into the colander and they will naturally thaw out with the drained pasta.
- Your mushrooms should be done too and you are now able to put the pasta, mushrooms and cashew cheese into one big pan and mix it all up for a couple minutes.
- Now it is ready to eat! Enjoy! 🙂
Looking for More Recipes?
Please Rate our recipe below if you really loved it! Also rate it if you have some feedback to give us and other recipe makers. Lastly, please click here to view more quick and easy vegan recipes. We hope you enjoyed our best vegan fettuccine alfredo recipe! Thank you!