Best Vegan Dumplings Recipe
Welcome everybody! This is our best vegan dumplings recipe. We made it all from scratch except for the wonton wrappers. It was a great, quick and easy vegan recipe to make.
It stored great in the fridge. Is it just me, or do you like eating dumplings cold just as much as warm. It doesn’t matter to me as long as I have soy sauce or liquid aminos to eat them with.
As for most of our recipes, we have a “how to video” below. Also, if you want to jump to the recipe then just click the button above at the top of this page.
Kitchen Products Used
- Manual Food Processor (prepped veggies)
- Stainless Steel Cookware (cooked veggies)
- Ninja Foodi XL Steamer (steamed dumplings)
The manual food processor was our little secret. This machine was able to shred all of the vegetables into perfect dumpling filling pieces. Then our stainless steel cookware helped us cook the veggies down.
Lastly we brought the best vegan dumplings recipe all together by using our multi-cooker, the Ninja Foodi XL to steam the dumplings. All of these kitchen products were essential in successfully making our dumplings.
Keep It Simple
Cooking is not always an easy task. There can be a lot of frustration and it can become more stressful then relaxing. Hopefully this guide below keeps you relaxed and in control during your dumpling creation.
Prep Veggies –> Make Sauce –> Cook Veggies –> Add Sauce –> Fold Dumplings –> Steam Dumplings
How Do You Make Dumplings from Scratch?
Scratch to me seems like start to finish, making everything from home. So we almost did that with this recipe. The only thing that was not made from scratch were the wonton wrappers.
If we made the wonton wrappers from scratch then this recipe would not be quick. And we try to make every recipe, quick, easy and vegan.
However, the vegetable filling, as well as the sauce was made from scratch. It turned out pretty tasty as well. The best ktichen machine that helped us make the dumplings from scratch was definitely our Manual Food Processor. That puppy shredded and prepped all of our vegetables to the perfect consistency.
How Do You Fold a Dumpling?
If you want to learn a quick and easy way of folding or sealing a dumpling then take a look at our YouTube video above. There are plenty of ways to fold a dumpling.
We are no dumpling folding experts but are really proud of how ours turned out. I used to make perogies so I had similar experiences.
There are also lots of different ways to fold dumplings now. Some really cool styles that I would love to master one day. If you want to learn fancier ways to fold dumplings then take a look at this site here.
Frozen Vegan Dumplings
We did not freeze these dumplings but we certainly could have. They would have kept in the freezer for probably a couple of weeks.
We didn’t want to wait that long to eat them again so we put them in the fridge for the 2 days after cooking. Like I said in the beginning, I really enjoy the dumplings cold. It is probably because I ate them like this from the grocery stores when I was a teenager.
Can Vegans Eat Dumplings?
Of course! Now not all dumplings are vegan but some are. You have to be careful in reading the ingredients on the labels if you are buying them from a store.
You also want to make sure if you are at a restaurant to ask the wait staff if the dumplings are vegan. A lot of places use non-vegan sauces so always have them be 100% sure.
A lot of dumplings use meat as a main ingredient. So most places usually do not have vegetable dumplings but some do so again, ask the right questions and you could be in vegan dumpling heaven.
Best Vegan Dumplings Recipe
- Ninja Foodi XL, Stainless Steel Cookware, Knife Set
24 Wonton Wrappers
- 70 Grams Mushrooms diced
- 2 Cups Red Cabbage diced
- 1 Cup Spinach raw
- 1 Carrot diced
- 3 Green Onions chopped
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger pressed
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Liquid Aminos
- 2 Teaspoons Sweet Chili Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Oyster Sauce
- Have your Wonton Wrappers defrost for 15 minutes at room temperature
- Prep the Mushrooms, Red Cabbage, Spinach, Carrots, Green Onions, Garlic and Ginger.
- Now, saute all of the FILLING ingredients in 2 to 4 Teaspoons of Sesame Oil.
- After about 5 to 7 minutes the FILLING ingredients should be cooked good down and ready to be further seasoned.
- Put the FILLING ingredients in a bowl and season with 1 ½ Tablespoons Liquid Aminos, 2 Teaspoons Sweet Chili Sauce and 1 Teaspoon Oyster Sauce. Also feel free to add more seasoning if you want.
- Now put around a teaspoon of FILLING into a Wonton Wrapper and fold it into a dumpling. ***IMPORTANT*** Use a little water on the edge of the Wonton Wrappers to seal the dumpling. Also look at our how to video above to learn an easy way to fold the dumpling.
- Now add all of your dumplings into a Steamer for 10 to 12 minutes.
Help Rate Our Recipe
We are really proud of this recipe and think it turned out great. Help us by rating this recipe so that other vegans can have better access to this free recipe.
A social media share would be fantastic too. Also, let us know if the recipe did not turn out the way you thought it should have. We would love to help you figure it out.
Want More Free Food Ideas?
We also have a page here on our website that has more free recipe ideas. We will be adding more recipes all the time so be on the look out at this page HERE. Have a good day everybody!