Best Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe
Welcome all! So excited to share this recipe with you guys. It really was a best vegan black bean burger recipe. When I first made it, I thought I didn’t put a ton of chili powder and cayenne in the recipe but oh man I was wrong. Marilyn couldn’t eat any of the burgers so I ended up eating all of the burgers throughout the week.
Luckily for me, the burgers tasted great and I do love spicy food so it worked out. The recipe below is modified to not be as spicy. Anywho, once you organize all your ingredients, this recipe is not hard to make at all. Enjoy the how to video and the recipe instructions for the best vegan black bean burger.
Kitchen Products Used
- Breville Food Processor
- Manual Food Processor
- Ninja Foodi XL
Easy Cheat Sheet
A lot of times recipes can be extremely overwhelming. Am i right? It can turn hangry into what ever is past hangry lol. Hopefully nobody ever gets past hangry. But it’s true. If you are not able to cook something that tastes good and holds together then it could make you extremely upset. Don’t worry. Here is a little cheat sheet to help organize your cooking experience with this easy black bean recipe.
Pressure Cook Beans –> Toast/Process Walnuts –> Saute Onion/Garlic –> Food Process Everything –> Shape Burgers and Air Fry
Easy and Healthy Vegan Burger
Here at Quick Easy Vegan, we really try to not use canned foods and processed foods. Sometimes it is unavoidable but with all of the technology in kitchen cooking, we are able to avoid all of the unhealthy choices. For this recipe in particular there is a little prep work in soaking the black beans. You can soak them before you leave for work or the night before.
If you want to use canned black beans you can do that too. We will always try our best to provide the healthiest recipes and try to make them quick and easy at the same time. It is a difficult feat but we are trying our best to make each recipe around 30 to 45 minutes with our worst case scenario being right at an hour.
Making Black Bean Burgers from Scratch
Making black bean burgers from scratch is the way to go. Definitely the healthiest way to go about making these burgers. And the bonus is that you can store them for around a week in your freezer. You can eat yummy black bean burgers everyday of the week.
In order to make them from scratch you have to do a little prep work and also have the right cooking equipment. We used our Ninja Foodi XL for this recipe. This machine allowed us to pressure cook the black beans so that they are tender enough to mash into a burger. Using a pressure cooker is really the only way to make black bean burgers from scratch without cooking the whole night away. We then used the food processor to mash all the ingredients. In this recipe it is pretty much necessary to use a food processor. It’s the only way to make quick and easy black bean burgers. We then kicked it up a notch in the “quick department” by using the Ninja Foodi for air frying instead of using an oven.
Vegan Black Bean Burger Using Oats
We have cooked with Oats quite a bit now and they are great for this recipe. If we did not have the oats in this recipe then it would be hard to combine all of the ingredients into a sturdy burger consistency. They are great because they have a bland flavor so they will not change the taste of the burger at all. I highly recommend making a lot of your legume type of burgers with oats for this reason. Now time for the recipe. Enjoy below!
Easy Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe
- Pressure Cooker, Food Processor and Air Fryer
- 2 cups of Black Beans **Soaked over night or before you leave for work**
- 1 cup of Oatmeal
- 1 cup of Walnuts Toasted
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 onion medium to large
- 5 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar of choice
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin, Chili powders, Cayenne, fresh Rosemary, Salt and Pepper.
- 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Pressure cook the soaked black beans for 5 minutes. Add 2 cups of water per every cup of black beans into the pressure cooker.
- While the beans are pressure cooking, toast your walnuts on a pan for about 5 minutes on medium to low heat. You want to stir the walnuts constantly to avoid burning them.
- Once the walnuts are done toasting. Add the Walnuts, Cumin, Chili powder and Cayenne to a food processor. Then pulse the mixture until it becomes like very fine bread crumbs.
- Your beans and walnut mixture should be done now. Let your beans continue to rest and now heat a pan with oil and fresh rosemary for about 3 minutes on medium low heat.
- After 3 minutes, remove the rosemary and add your onion and garlic and saute until they are translucent (you can see through them partially).
- Now add all of the ingredients into a food processor. This includes everything: Black beans, toasted walnut mixture, sauteed onions/garlic, 1 cup oatmeal, ½ cup bread crumbs, ¼ cup of BBQ sauce, Sugar, Salt and Pepper. Process this mixture until the mixture is about to become overly smooth or looks like vegan patty consistency.
- Now form your black bean burgers to your desired burger size and air fry the black bean burgers for 10 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get your buns ready. Grab a sliced tomato and maybe an avocado and don’t forget your lettuce leaf either. All other condiments are up to your choice! But once the 10 minutes is up, you are now in burger heaven. Enjoy.
Don’t forget to leave a comment and rate the recipe! We greatly appreciate your feedback and support. Thanks guys!
For more Quick and Easy vegan recipes check out this page here!