Vegans Need Party Food Too
Thank you for finding this post. 4th of July is my favorite holiday of the year for many reasons. Most likely because of all the memories of shooting off fireworks and having a lot of great food with close friends and family. The summertime weather helps a lot too. Now that I am on a vegan diet, I thought it would be of some help to post 4th of July party food ideas. So here it goes. Listed below are some vegan food dishes you can help serve at your 4th of July Party so that all visitors are happy with your food selection.
4th of July Vegan Food Ideas
- Chips, Salsa and Guacamole. I tried my best to do the red, white, and blue with that Chips, Salsa and Guacamole. But this is a simple dish that takes minimal effort and is vegan Friendly.
2. Veggie’s and Vegan Ranch Dip. <——— Click the link for the Vegan Ranch Recipe. There are plenty of alternatives that are quick and easy to make. If you click the link, it will walk you through how to create this vegan ranch dip from scratch. If you do not feel like making it from scratch then there are different types you can buy at the grocery store but you run the risk of only finding processed styles.
3. Veggie Burgers! By now you have probably heard of the impossible burger or just plain veggie burgers. You can find these at most supermarkets today. I know for sure you can find them at a Whole Foods or a Trader Joes. Be careful however, your vegan friends might not want them grilled because of the carcinogenic chemicals from the charcoal grill. Baking them or pan searing would probably be a better option.
4. Veggie or Tofu Hot Dogs! Yes, Tofu Dogs are a thing. I have not had one of these in a long time but for this occasion I might eat this at a 4th of July party as a last resort. The only caution with this is that these products are usually processed which could potentially turn off a lot of vegans. Also the carcinogenic chemicals from a charcoal grill could be a problem too.
5. Macaroni Salad Made with Vegan Dressing. Find the recipe by clicking HERE. The pictures from this site look amazing. Such a great idea and the Red Cashew dressing looks like a wonderful compliment to the macaroni dish. The instructions on the site look a little drawn out but thorough instructions couldn’t hurt anybody when it comes to directions.
6. Want a Challenge? Try making Buffalo Chickpea Pizza. The site owner, Alexa looks like she has something going on with this one. This looks very tasty and if you know you have vegan friends attending your get together then this is something to impress them with. This is not the picture of the actual Pizza.
7. Have to Have a Salad! Salad’s are super simple to make. My favorite recipe is chopping up Kale, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Red Lettuce and throwing it in a bowl with some fresh cut strawberries. Balsamic dressing would go great with this salad but I am sure any light oily dressing would do the trick too.
9. Desserts! Vegan Banana Cake. I have not made this myself but the picture on this site looks really good. It almost looks like Banana Bread. This looks like something worth trying for your 4th of July Party.
10. Coconut Ice Cream – It is a little sweeter then regular ice cream but I really do enjoy coconut ice cream. You can find Coconut Ice cream at most grocery stores but for sure Whole Foods. This also looks like a great option to pair with the vegan banana cake above. If you end up doing this please let me know how this tastes.
Thank you for Reading! I hope this helps all of the 4th of July party preparations. I also hope everyone has a safe and fun 4th of July. Leave a comment below if you end up trying any of these recipes from the other sites that I linked in this article.